Sunday, April 21, 2013

I have just started the process of following the InMoov project to create a humanoid robot constructed from 3D printed pieces and a variety of electronic components. My assumption is that I will be involved for quite a while in this project. In case you have not heard of the InMoov project, here is a link to the blog:

http://inmoov.blogspot.com

I do not have the necessary 3D printer so I have ordered one to be received in the next few days. It is a 

V2 Linear Prusa Kit - Deluxe

ordered from MakerFarm. Here is the info from the order:

ItemSkuQty
V2 Linear Prusa Kit - Deluxe
Version
SAE
Color of Printed Parts
Glow in the dark Green
Electronics
Printrboard
Hot End (3mm Filament)
.35mm Nozzle for 3mm filament
V2KITMOTORS-PrusaBag2(SAE)-PrusaGDG-.35Jhead1
2.2lb (1kg) 3mm White ABS Filament1kgWhiteABS31
The one part of the printer that is not included is the assortment of threaded and unthreaded rods. I ordered these from McMaster-Carr and here is the info from that order:


LineProductOrderedShipsPriceTotal
198957A734ASTM A193 Grade B7 Alloy Steel Threaded Rod, Plain Finish, 5/16"-18 Thread, 6' Length3
each
in the morning4.43
each
13.29
28893K41Multipurpose O1 Tool Steel, Tight-Tolerance Rod, 0.3125" Diameter, 3' Long3
each
in the morning5.23
each
15.69
Notes
Your order is subject only to our terms and conditions, available at www.mcmaster.com.
Merchandise$28.98
Applicable shipping charges will be added.

I have not yet received any of this so I will report back about the assembly process.

No comments:

Post a Comment